Want to qualify as a Community Boat Skipper (CCBM)?
Camden Canals and Narrowboat Association (CCNA) is a National Community Boats Association (NCBA) Approved Training Centre so we can help you and your organization with this.
The CCBM course is for people of 17 and over. It aims to train and test you in community canal boat skippering on non-tidal inland waterways. It includes helmsmanship and people management skills.
You need to have already reached the standard set in the NCBA boat handling course before you take the course. You also need to know something about handling groups.
The course meets NCBA standards and takes place over 2 full consecutive days (20hrs) on our commumity narrowboat Tarporley. It is tutored by NCBA approved trainers and consists of 7 modules, some theory, some practical:
1. Taking over any boat [4 hours practical].
2. Health, safety and environmental management [2 hours theory]
3. Group arrangements [2 hours theory]
4. Practical boat handling 1 [4 hours practical].
5. Boat handling: theory [2 hours theory]
6. Practical boat handling 2 [4 hours practical].
7. Discussion and appraisal [2 hours, part halfway through course, the rest at the end]
There are just a few places left for our next course on 15 and 16 November 2016. We are based on the Regent’s Canal near Kings Cross in London. Participants may sleep aboard.
The cost is £250 + NCBA certification fee of £60
Drop us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org with brief details of your relevant experience and our Training Officer will be in touch.